Leading The Way In Traffic Safety
Fiberwire 8011 RSU/OBU Radio
Everything You Need To Provide Faster And Safer Commutes In Cities And Along Highway
- The Fiberwire™ 8011 is a compact, outdoor rated On Board Unit (OBU) / Roadside Unit (RSU) which supports SAE J2735 Connected Vehicle Services.
- The 8011 is designed to address the needs of the connected vehicle market and supports a variety of automotive safety and commercial applications.
- The Fiberwire™ 8011 has a ruggedized housing which allows the unit to be placed on traffic signal poles and is ideal for use in commercial, transit and public safety vehicles.
- The Fiberwire™ 8011 is a communications dedicated short range (DSRC) 5.9 GHz wireless network radio using the protocol stack and other standards associated with DSRC for vehicular communications.
- These include: IEEE 802.11p, IEEE 1609, and SAE J2735 standards
- It is designed with an IP67 enclosure, built in heating and cooling and lightning protection to work in all environments.
* 802.11N mode requires a 2nd antenna and achieves 150 Mbps data rate using 20MHz Service
- 802.11p compliant V2I, VUV radio
- 5.85 – 5.925 GHz
- SW configurable between RSU and OBU
- GPS sync & GPS Failover
- QoS, Fast Switching
- Seamless handoffs
- IPv4 & IPv6
- Upgradeable to 802.11 N turbo mode*
Connected Vehicle Applications Include:
- Collision Avoidance
- Transit Signal Priority
- 1st Responder Signal Pre-emption
- Mobile Transit CCTV off-load*
- Transit Yard CCTV off-load*
- Citywide CAD/AVL communication
Improve Traffic Safety